Dr. Faye E. Izadi
Partner & Owner
Dr. Faye Izadi was born and raised in San Diego county. She attended the University of California, Irvine, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences, with a minor in Sociology. She then moved to Chicago for her post-graduate studies, where she received her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. Her residency training in Foot and Ankle Surgery was completed at Lakewood Regional Medical Center, with an added credential in Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery.
Prior to her starting her post-graduate training in Chicago, Dr. Izadi devoted her time to research for the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of California, Irvine. The aim of this research was to define the beneficial effects of neural stem cell implants on radiation- and chemotherapy- induced tissue injury in the brain. From her involvement in these projects she is published in a number of peer-reviewed journals. Her goal is to continue her love for research even while in private practice. Most recently, she and Dr. Richie published a unique case report in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Dr. Izadi is board qualified in forefoot and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. She is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the California Podiatric Medical Association. Her current hospital affiliations include Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. She has a particular interest in sports medicine, wound care, and reconstructive foot & ankle surgery. More importantly, her greatest priority and joy is in providing exceptional care to her patients.
University of California, Irvine | 2002-2006
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, Minor in SociologyPOSTGRADUATE EDUCATION:
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine | 2007-2011
Doctor of Podiatric MedicineRESIDENCY TRAINING:
Lakewood Regional Medical Center | 2011-2014
Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency
Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery Credential
HONORS & AWARDS
- Dr. Robert L. Baron Proficiency in Radiology Award | 2011
- Pi Delta Honor Society | 2007-2011
- Outstanding Female Student Leader Award | 2010
- Scholl Merit Scholar Award Recipient | 2007
- APMA Educational Foundation Scholarship/Janet & Bruce R. Lawrence, DPM Fund | 2007
CERTIFICATION & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Board Qualified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, California Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Certified, Hyperbaric Medicine
- Richie DH, Izadi FE. Return to play after an ankle sprain: guidelines for the podiatric physician. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2015 Apr;32(2):195-215.
- Izadi F, Richie D. Exertional Compartment Syndrome of the Medial Foot Compartment: Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. July 2014; 104(4): 417-421.
- Tseng BP, Giedzinski E, Izadi A, Suarez T, Lan ML, Tran KK, Acharya MM, Nelson GA, Raber J, Parihar VK, Limoli CL. Functional consequences of radiation-induced oxidative stress in cultured neural stem cells and the brain exposed to charged particle irradiation. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling. 2014 Mar 20;20(9):1410-22.
- Caiozzo VJ, Giedzinski E, Baker M, Suarez T, Izadi A, Lan M, Cho-Lim J, Tseng BP, Limoli CL. The radiosensitivity of satellite cells: cell cycle regulation, apoptosis and oxidative stress. Radiation Research, 2010 Nov; 174(5):582-9.
- Baure J, Izadi A, Suarez V, Giedzinski E, Cleaver JE, Fike JR, Limoli CL. Histone H2AX phosphorylation in response to changes in chromatin structure induced by altered osmolarity. Mutagenesis, 2009 Mar; 24(2):161-167.
- Limoli CL, Izadi A, Giedzinski E, Rola R, Fike JR. Charged particle radiation effects in neural cells and tissues. Symposia, 32.4, 2008.
Request an Appointment
Fill out the form below to reach Alamitos – Seal Beach Podiatry Group, or call Los Alamitos: (562) 203-6151 or Seal Beach: (562) 242-1559 for immediate assistance.